the sun shone on snow dressed boughs
the line of trees
tended the shadows of the trail’s path,
I wish I had remembered to bring a thermos of hot chocolate
or a little gingerbread biscotti
I love cross-country treks with my family… it was Katie’s first time…
I wondered if my son would give it a try too?
They usually prefer chair-lifts and high speed snowboarding turns from the top of a steep mountainside…
Some activities just seem “resonate” as true, when they are the right match…
I plan to do more of this in the year 2012…
When I first began writing, this blog was (and still is) a place of refuge.. a place for thoughts to drift like a blanket of snow settles on a landscape.. a place to express my imaginings, memories, poems, and food creations…
I never imagined this other wonderful community of people who I have met here. In fact, I didn’t know they even existed. Happy as a lark, I wrote and wrote… until one day someone “stopped by” and made a wee comment... I replied… and so began my journey into the heart of this blogging community.
There have been moments of celebration, curiosity, mutual support, laughter, and, on occasion, a serendipitous reminder of the 7 degrees of separation. Inspiration for me… is only a few clicks away where I can find poetry, writing, music, video, and, of course, recipes.
Being of a somewhat orderly nature, I attempt to keep “abreast” of most published posts.. and when away on vacation… come back to an inbox filled with missed blogs and moments. Even when I think I’ve kept on top of things, I think… “Hmmm, I haven’t heard from so-and-so in such a long while…” and off I go to see what they’ve been up to.
On occasion, awards are nominated and I cringe to admit that I have not “followed the rules” as usual. So today I’d like to celebrate and thank these “star” bloggers who have chosen me for the Versatile Blogger Award, the Liebster Award, and the Candlelighter Award.
- My “candlelighter” Nia… she’s a lovely photographer and beautiful inside and out… Nia lives in Istanbul, and her generous comments and thoughtful, inventive posts are a true delight.
- Travel with me to The Emerald Garden for lovely, meaningful stories and luscious photography of food and special places around Emerald, Victoria… I love her pups, Merlin and Bud!
- I love the clever musings of Hetterbelle in her Patchwork of Life where she posts her pretty art and other thought-provoking “random snippets” on life.
- I can’t miss stopping by to visit Jordana, whose White Cabana blog inspires me with her love for the pure beauty found in anything white.
- Then there is the prolific Sharyn of the Kale Chronicles… whose blog is filled with her creative, original artful paintings and decadent recipes sure to tempt.
- Stop by the The Unsweetie and discover how she has “unsweetened” her food and sweetened up the rest of her life… and ours!
- Kathryn of kiwsparks will indulge your senses with her own art, poetry and lovely discourse on life. Kathryn is my beloved poet…
- and finally, Antoinette, also warmly known as Spree… who puts love on the table for her family but also spreads that feeling of love to all who read her stories of sifting, stirring and baking.
There are so many more blogs that I enjoy… I plan to add another set of links to my site.. then you can explore as well.
One of the “rules” of these awards is to share 7 random pieces of information about myself. I’ll just share one today…
I have a fascination for the sky, cloud formations, the moon’s phases, stars and planets, constellations and asterisms, the aurora borealis, and solar flares
This appetizer was a recipe found on a very prolific and admired website… I have mentioned Greg and Katherine to you before…
Their website is Rufus’ Food and Spirits Guide. All that I’ve changed is it’s presentation..
I couldn’t resist covering it with a sky full of winter stars…and now that shouldn’t come as a surprise to you any more…
It’s a wonderful recipe, every last bit was devoured the night I made it.. so I think it might just be perfect for a New Year’s Celebration…
Happy New Year!
Stellar Baked Brie en Croute