If a sound wave is divided
again and again
the harmonic pitch rises, higher and higher, still…
on a diminishing curve.
Sometimes it feels like
My time is being divided and divided and divided
until it approaches “zero”…
Yet I take on something new
and here I am…
You never actually reach zero, I think, so, isn’t
there is always room for
until you’ve (almost) reached
I think I’ve done a touch too much dividing of late
and my physical self hasn’t quite decided whether it should get sick or not.
So today I think I should let other people in…
so that some “undividing” can take place
and my “inner notes” can move back down the staff until I reach
Begin with a snow day…
Make my daughter a cup of coffee, practice making crema…
Turn my kitchen into a flower shop…
And share her recipe.. my new favorite roasted veggies
filled with carrots and sweet potatoes and honey
Now that’s better
Honey Yams, Carrots and Potatoes
- 1 1/2 lbs white potatoes
- 1 1/2 lbs yams or sweet potatoes
- 5-6 carrots
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- salt and freshly cracked pepper
- olive oil
- sesame seeds (black or white), toasted
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Slice potatoes and carrots horizontally into 1/2-3/4” thick “coins” and spread in a large, foil covered roasting pan.
- Meanwhile, splash a little garlic into a frying pan and cook the onions until browned, adding garlic near the end (so it doesn’t overcook and burn).
- Heat until melted, the butter, honey, Dijon mustard and salt and pepper either in a pan on the stove or in the microwave.
- Stir browned onion and garlic mixture into the potatoes. Then pour over the butter mixture and stir to evenly coat the potatoes. Roast for approximately 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are browned and cooked through.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and stir to mix.