“Sittin’ right there on her front porch swing
she’ll fetch you a jar of her Sweet Iced Tea
and you’ll think “This could be love..”
This iced tea is for Rednecks, Cowgirls… and pretty much anyone caught sittin’ in an old Ford flatbed truck n’ a cloud of dust.. eatin’ turnip greens.
Miss Katie (our Sweet Miss Bell) says you should add more or less lemon as you see fit and as much sugar as you might need to sweetin’ you on up…
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 6 orange pekoe tea bags
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup sugar, to taste
- 6 cups cold water
- 1-2 lemons, to taste
- Boil up 2 cups of water and pour that into a heat-safe pitcher or jug.
- Stir in the pinch of baking soda.
- Add the six tea bags and set aside with a tea towel draped over top.
- Allow this mixture to steep for 15 minutes or longer if you wish for a stronger iced tea.
- Remove tea bags, squeezing each one to extract the rest of the tea.
- Stir in the sugar, 1/4 cup at a time and stir to dissolve. Add more or less sugar to taste.
- Pour in 6 cups cold water.
- Allow this to cool in the fridge (or to serve immediately pour over ice).
- Squeeze half a lemon into the pitcher before serving.
- Use the other half of the lemon to garnish the glass or squeeze extra lemon into individual glasses to taste.
- Adapted from All Recipes
(original lyrics from “Good Directions”, Billy Currington)