This is one of my favorite weeknight chicken recipes with a few new additions to make it appear so much more complicated a recipe than it really is..
Simple chicken quarters (thigh and drumstick) are stuffed with basil leaves and boursin then baked..
Top with slices of strawberry, drizzle with a balsamic glaze and sprinkle over with pistachio pieces.
- 6-8 chicken quarters (thighs and drumstick attached)
- 1 package or handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 package Boursin Garlic and Fine Herbs
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups fresh strawberries sliced or quartered
- balsamic glaze
- 1/4 cup pistachio nuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Rinse chicken quarters in cold water and pat dry with paper towel. Lift the upper edge of the skin and press with your fingers down into the drumstick to make a pocket. Slide one or two basil leaves in and pieces of boursin cheese. Press as far in as you can so that the cheese won't all melt out into the pan.
- Place skin side up in a large roasting pan. Drizzle very lightly with extra virgin olive oil and bake for about 45-50 minutes or longer until the chicken is cooked through and a meat thermometer reads 165F.
- Remove from oven and place the pieces on a serving platter. Scatter strawberries over. Then drizzle with balsamic glaze. Sprinkle the pistachio pieces over and garnish with fresh balsamic leaves.
- Serve immediately.
After a whirlwind few days in Banff with friends and grad festivities, it seems I’ve caught a bug.
Rest assured, I’m being looked after by my family and my puppy is cuddled at my side.
Thanks for your kind words for my daughter’s grad. Some of you follow my personal Facebook page and saw photos.. but for those who don’t here’s a family photo..
and Katie with her boyfriend.