i’ve been tagged!
with 10 questions
it is “de rigueur” that I respond…
- Describe yourself in seven words: loving, gentle, free spirit, joyful, creative, introspective, and grateful
- What keeps you up at night? Worrying about anything to do with my kids… Attempting to finish something creative that I’m working on, I need completion before I can rest…. and sometimes I worry that there won’t be enough time to experience and accomplish everything that I hope to…
- Whom would you like to be? Easy! That would be Jacqueline du Pre, however, since that is clearly impossible… an English Professor or perhaps a shop-keeper…
- What are you wearing now? Jeans and a white t-shirt.
- What scares you? Anger.
- What do you appreciate most? The simplest kind word or gesture..
- What are the best and the worst things about blogging? I so thoroughly enjoy the people I have found here, first and foremost. After that I love having a place to express my thoughts, the feeling of seeing a finished post is like the completion of a work of art for me.. I get to stir everything I love in one place (writing, photography, music, food.. family and friends of course) and I get to buy a pretty dish now and then.Hmmm, the worst… I think it’s the moment when I’m really proud of a particular post that I’ve written… it’s been revised and perfected… then it’s time.. and I have to let it go and move on to a new post. It’s difficult for me to “turn the page” and write a new post and leave my words and pictures behind… I know… that sounds strange…
- What was the last website you looked at? Facebook
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? To have the ability to express myself, with as much certainty, verbally, as I am able to do in my writing. There’s no “delete, cut, copy, or insert word” when talking… and I worry that I haven’t gotten it right…
- Slankets, yes or no? I don’t even know what these are.. so I’m not going to count this as a question… sorry…
- Tell us something about the person who tagged you. Well that would be two people…
ChgoJohn… from the Bartolini Kitchens I remember the first time I visited his blog.. his name was popping up on everyone’s “Comments” section so I just had to see who this fellow was. I spent ages reading through his website… all of his splendid recipes of course, but I thoroughly enjoyed the background written under “The Roots” and the illustrations in “The Tree”. John’s posts are very meticulously detailed, clever and very funny (when telling a story from his past). His comments on other websites are always so generous and kind… he has such a calm and kindly tone, I really admire that.Then there is spree… her blog is just as her name would suggest… she seems so effusive and her website is lavishly decorated with magnificent photos that have impeccable food styling. Chatting with spree feels like you’ve met a new best friend.. someone who thinks just like you, someone who “gets” you! She is so sweet and full of energy! I am always so delighted when I see that she’s stopped by my website to comment.
i was also bestowed
it came with a few tasks as well…
1. Thank the person who gave you the award: If you haven’t met Susanne, yet, you must skip over to visit her at The Emerald Garden. She lives on a 1/2 acre in the Dandenong Ranges of Melbourne, Australia… what lovely things she grows there, beautiful Ruby Lou Spuds and all sorts of things I can only dream of… (note to self: must dig up a veggie patch).
2. Tell something about yourself that no one else knows, if you want to and if you feel like it: I’ve often thought of owning a shop or bed and breakfast… I know what it looks like, I’ve got the name, the design.. everything figured out in my mind… I imagine myself there… (only I’m not:)
3. Link to seven of your entries:
Most Beautiful Piece: Aerostat Firefly Champagne Cocktails
Most Helpful: Jane-Do’s Pizza Dough
Most Popular: A Stellar Baked Brie en Croute
Most Controversial: Rude-Barb Compote
Most Surprisingly Successful: Edouard Boubat
Most Pride Worthy: Vintage Organic Yogurt
ooops, almost forgot your recipe…
here’s a quick one from Fairholme Manor
a lovely bed and breakfast in Victoria, BC…
Simple Gestures Grapefruit
1 whole grapefruit
2 + tablespoons brown sugar or maple syrup
Like a custard topped crème brûlée, this recipe is so simple it really doesn’t need writing down. The grapefruit is sliced in half and seeds removed and discarded.
Run your knife around the outside of the pulpy flesh to separate it from the pitch.
Score each section…
Gently press at least 2 tablespoons of brown sugar or maple syrup on top.
Place on a baking sheet lined with foil.
Broil for about 5 minutes or until the sugar melts
and the grapefruit is warmed through.
Serve warm with a tender heart ♥