oh, dear… just woke up
hmm.. late again
yikes, just a minute
a bit too much wine last night, methinks…
better lay back down on that nice comfy pillow..
listen to those sweet bird songs..
a chickadee… *sigh*
Only 34 more days until Spring!
I think I will make it…
what I wouldn’t do for a wee bit of breakfast in bed..
that’s more like it…
an eggy frittata thing
they say eggs are a hang-over cure
throw in a few veggies for good measure, I suppose
but something’s missing…
hmmm, what else is missing?
hmm someone wants a wee taste…
waiting.. waiting.. waiting..
oh, dear, better get up and make it myself,
first take little Lucky for his morning snow walk…
oh, boy, too tired to cook now..
I think this frittata eggy thing might just have to be supper tonight instead…
breakfast for supper
one of the best things Mom and Dad ever taught me
back to bed now?
I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine’s Day!
Breakfast in Bed Frittata
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine or 2 strips bacon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 small zucchini diced
- 5 green onions chopped
- 2 thick slices ham, diced
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into a buttered 11?x7? glass baking pan.
- In a frying pan, fry up a bit of bacon, and set aside. Crumble bacon when cooled. Alternatively, heat butter or margarine. Add diced yellow pepper, zucchini and onions to the frying pan and fry, stirring until vegetables have softened and slightly browned.
- Pour the egg mixture into the baking dish. Spoon and sprinkle the vegetable mixture over top of the egg. Sprinkle ham (and bacon if using) over top and then finish with a generous handfuls of cheese over the entire top of the frittata.
- Bake, uncovered for about 25-30 minutes or until the egg is set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.